Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

The day was perfect Steve and Maddie covered all the bases. We got up and went to Church in the morning. Maddie and I had gotten up a little earlier so we could play beauty shop. This is our fun time in the morning to play with fun hairstyles and put on make-up. She thinks she is all grown up you know.

After a great worship time at Church we headed off to Outback for yummy food and pretty flowers. Later that day we came home and spend family time and met some friends. Mothers day is such a special time for me as well as Steve. Three years ago on Mothers Day Maddie was placed in my arms we celebrate it ever Mothers Day even though the day changes every year the significance of Mothers Day was something that I will always remember that God blessed us so much and made me a mom that day.

As the night went on we focused on the day Maddie became part of our family, we watched the adoption video, looked at her scrapbook (yes I have one it is pretty cool), and read her life story. She loves to here about the day we came to China to get her. I have to say going through all of this made me tear up many times. Maddie told me that night I was the best mom in the whole world and she loved her family and wanted her sister to come from China soon. A perfect day!

No comments: