Sunday, June 29, 2008

Learning to Live with Less


Over the past month and a half I have been learning and praying on how to be a better financial planner. Over a 18 months ago Steve and I took Financial Peace University hosted by Dave Ramsey (video class) and we were determined to pay off all of our debt. It all sounded good as long as we were in the class and we did great reducing our debt but once class was over we slowly stop progressing as fast. Over the past 9 months we have prayed and have looked at all kinds of ways (class ideas as well as insight from friends) to get back on track and I can thankfully say we are.
One of the hardest things was deciding what our prioritise were and ours was not fancy cars, always getting new clothes and trying to keep up with the latest trends. Instead we want all of our debt paid off, take the money we have paid on bills monthly and invest once we were debt free. Living on less has been not as tough as we thought it would be I have become much smarter in my shopping. I have learned from some great friends how to score very very inexpensive groceries and basically free cosmetics, cleaning supplies, baby stuff, soda... and the list goes on. I have shared this knowledge with my other friends and we have reduced our shopping budgets as much by half. This in turns help pay off the bills faster. Also, we have never had so many groceries and supplies in our house at one time. Someday I hope to start a blog on shopping tips but for now I am still learning the ropes.


We are truly bless God has provided and we both have made sacrifices to complete this. I pray that God will continue to give us the strength and the courage to live on less.
This is where we will be YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: