Monday, January 7, 2008

Gatlinburg Getaway









After Christmas we had decided to get away for a few days to our favorite place Gatlinburg area in Tennessee. We took the girls tubing with Maddie being only 31/2 we had thought she would have to go on the kiddie slopes. Well do the warmish like temperatures (50's) there was a lack of snow and they were unable to make the snow therefore there was no kiddie area but the big slopes were open. Audrey was very excited and could not wait and Maddie said I want to go. I knew they would never let her she was to young. Ha Ha silly me age has nothing to do with it it is all about height. We went up to the counter and Steve and Audrey went to buy tickets and Maddie was begging to go and the cashier said she may go if you want to buy her a ticket I said she is only 31/2 she said she is so tall and they measured her, well she went over the 42" mark so off she went. The girls had a blast after almost 2 hours of tubing they still wanted to keep going. Picnics in the park, rock hoping, driving through the parks and of course we had to do a little shopping a the outlet malls.


For me it was not enough days for relaxation before we were back to the hustle and bustle of everyday life. I knew coming home meant having to clean and take down Christmas decorations and start with my New Years resolutions:)

No comments: