Thursday, January 31, 2008

Adoption Update

Steve and I meet with our Social worker on Friday to get our medcial check list signed off on for the Waiting Child Program. We are still requesting a little girl but but we are adding our name to the list of children with special needs.

When I originally felt led to adopt again I had ordered the paperwork in the early Spring 07 and Steve was ready to add to the family. I could not wait to get started and shared this someone but was talked out of a second adoption. I stopped persuing the adoption. I never shared this with Steve why I really stopped the process until the Fall of 2007 when it layed so heavy on my heart that I felt we had a second daughter in China and I told him why I changed my mind about adopting and immediately we began the paperwork. Since this I have learned so much to trust my heart so....

Fast forward to now we have talked for months and prayed about where our daughter might be and felt that the WC program is where we feel we need to be in line also. I know God will bring our family the perfect baby girl.

I want to thank Sara from our Yahoo group for her advice which gave me the shove I needed and of course CCAI they make things so easy. CCAI state 10-12 months for a referral and then 3-5 months for travel. Current referral times approx 10 months she told me and it all depends on what you check on th medical form. Steve and I were quite conservative in some ways we thought but actually according to statistic last year (2007) we picked the needs that were referred the most so I guess that could be a good sign.

Hold on Kinsey we all are praying for you daily! Mommy, Daddy, Maddie, Audrey, Aunt Beth and Great Aunt Rosalene and Uncle Gary and Lucy are all coming to get you.

No comments: