Saturday, January 5, 2008

Christmas Day 2007!!!!!








The firt picture is the girls getting a letter from Santa boy were they surprised when they arrived two days before christmas.

It was up early 4:00am I could not sleep I was so excited I am worse than a kid. Of course I knew I could not wake the girls so I started packing for our trip but by 5:45 I could not stand it anymore. I turned on the Christmas music and Steve woke the girls and I video taped. Maddie was so surprised what Santa left. Ok he went a little overboard but it had been a rough last part of the year for our family.

The girls open gifts and and then we had breakfast. We had such a great day but it went bye way to fast. Since this was our first year to not be traveling for Christmas we had numerous invites from friends to spend holiday dinner with their family at first we were going to stay at home but when people kept asking we decided to spend the day with one of my girlfriends and her family. We had a Chinese, German and an American Christmas celebration. It was so much fun. Christmas dinner was great since most of my friends family is Chinese and German we had a very special/unique feast of all types of food (Chinese, German and Steve cooked several American dishes).

I am going to miss her family when they return to China we have had such a great time with all of them even though there is a language difference. When we travel for Kinsey we are going to visit them and my girlfriend hopefully will be on part of the trip also if not all of it. We feel so "Blessed" to have such great friends to celebrate with.

Madeline favorite part of Christmas is the Mary and Joseph set-ups aka Nativity. She talks about them so much and wants to be told the story over and over we ended up buying her her own nativity set for her room.

What a wonderful way to celebrates Jesus's birthday with family and friends. We are truly blessed our family has so much to be thankful for.
Christmas in the Park Maddie and her girlfriend exchanged their gifts at an enchanted event.

No comments: