Thursday, July 23, 2009

So Much to Do Where to Start

I just finished all the next step of requirements (requesting our fingerprints again, home study is done again, and odds and end paperwork is complete). Whew, hoping we are done for awhile. Now on to the fun stuff.
Of course I have been shopping for 2 ½ years (therapy) and now it is time to organize it all. We have also been blessed with so many wonderful gifts from friends and family. What a job finding a home for everything. Steve and I have spent hours hanging up clothes by sizes organizing shoes, painting and “M” has been breaking in the toys.
I have started to shop for her care package which I plan to send this weekend. I am also sending one through Ann at Red Threads so I can get pictures back ASAP. I am not so patient these days after waiting more than 2 years.
I am praying time will fly by not that I am ready for “M” to start kindergarten, but I am ready for the girls to be together.
We started our packing list and I am already crossing things off. I keep telling myself pack light everything we need is there except our size clothes. Last time I wore XXL in their size. I was in size shock.
Before I could finish typing this update I got an email from our adoption agency and a call from our social worker USCIS has changed the rules again 2nd time this month. I said WHAT! Now what we thought was all finished we have to go back and do a complete home study update, more background checks, and a social worker visit ugh…
Adoption is definitely not for people who do not have patients. Thank goodness we have the greatest social worker and Steve knows people to get our clearances done the same day at the departments. All should be done again we hope for the last time Tuesday. Then it is waiting for USCIS to approve us with another I171H.Still praying for late September or early October travel.

No comments: