Sunday, July 6, 2008

100 Wishes Quilt -1st one


It has been along time since I have spoke about the quilts I set out to have made for the girls when we started our second adoption back 17 months ago. Well I have an update. Maddie and I collected over 200 swatches and wishes from fellow adoptive families, family memebers and friends. For the longest time I was storing everything in my china closet and did not know what we were going to do with all this fabric (I do not sew). As for the wishes I have one book done and the other is started.


I was talking to my girlfriend Ginger and told her that I had finished collecting enough pieces but I did not know who to have make the quilt. Ginger had the answers from there I met with her mother-in-law and sister-in-law who are both fantastic quilters. I met with them on a Saturday morning to decide what to make. Well I thought I wanted one think but I am not a quilter. When I went to their house it was like going into a quilt shop they had everything. They can talk the talk if you know what I mean. We decided to make the girls different quilts and ones they could use when they get older. So I left just thrilled I was not sure exactly what everything was going to look like but it did not really matter because these ladies were given an unbelievable talent. The next afternoon at church Ginger told me the first quilt top was finished. My mouth hit the floor. The quilt will be queen size and revesable with hidden stiching of different things. I can't even sew on a button and they did this in a day. This is M's quilt. This is the top without the edging and the back. Stay tuned for more updates.

No comments: