Saturday, March 17, 2007

Referral Day 2005







Then
Now

On St Patricks day 2 years ago we received a phone call from our agency stating you have a daughter. I can remember the shriek I let out and then gasped for air as I was screaming into the phone tell us more. We celebrated her referral day by taking her to Disney. This has been set as a tradition Maddie has spent her first 2 referral dates (2006, 2007) with Mickey and Cinderella. As she would say it is awesome yipeeeee! It does not seem as if 2 years have gone by. She changes and grows so fast I cherish each moment with her and remember the first time I took her into my arms a feeling a mother can never forget.

Well now we are just as excited for Kinseys referral but this time we will not be waiting by the phone. During our first adoption our agency did not have a fully functional office in Florida. They were once in Tallahassee and have since moved to Orlando. We have decided as a family we will drive to the Florida office and pick up our referral and meet our daughter for the first time with the staff that has made this adoption possible. We will be there when referral deliveries begin.

No comments: