Friday, September 21, 2007

Six Months Logged In



We have made it another month. 6 months of being logged in and it looks like referrals are going to make it into the month of December. We could not be happier for all the families waiting. Most of all to get out of the month of November.


To celebrate our milestone day it started out very normal work and then mid afternoon (2:00) I took Maddie to her ballet class and then we were going to my very dear friends birthday party at church we had planned for her. Steve was out of town this week so it has just been me and Maddie. Well after leaving ballet I decided to take a short cut to the store and that is when all the excitement started. We were T-boned in the drivers side by an F-250 diesel pick-up going about 45-50 MPH. I was pinned in the car and Maddie was in back seat on the opposite side she had a bleeding mouth which scared me because I could not reach her. She had just bitten her lip she was fine. Praise God!! Within minutes of watching this huge truck squish us people came from all directions to help. The nicest lady came and comforted Maddie and took her from the car and cared for her the whole time. I am still unable to move. Four men came and ripped the door off the truck and tried to get all the broken glass off my face until the paramedics got there.


Now Steve is out of town and I still can't get to Maddie. Beth my dearest friend is on her way but can't get through because all of the traffic and now they are taking me by ambulance to the hospital and my baby girl is still with this god sent lady in the middle of the road. By now I am crying and Steve knows about the accident and he has called friends and cop friends who are showing up everywhere and all around jumping in the ambulance and said do not worry Maddie she is safe. One of our friends took her home for the night. The techs said do you know all these people? I can't tell you how wonderful it is to see people so helpful and caring. Praise God nothing is Broken!!!! I am badly bruised and beaten I am having difficulty walking. Beth my dearest friend stayed with me and so many friends have come by the hospital and the house. The prayers have been wonderful. Steve saw the truck and he said I was lucky to be alive. Now on the road to recovery :) Maddie said she wants her mommy back!

Steve and I are so blessed with all the wonderful friends we have. Everyone is so thoughtful with there prayers, phone calls (I need my own secretay), food and care. Most of all I have the greatest husband a wife could have he is caring and has been the greatest through all of this and wears every hat there is.

3 comments:

John & Michelle said...

Hi! So sorry about your accident. I hope you all are doing ok? I am listed on your sidebar (Raegan's Ride Home) has changed to Waitin' on Our Miracle www.teamconley.blogspot.com
~Michelle

wingepr said...

I was just checking all the sites, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident, but extremly happy that everyone is ok.

Peggy

Monica said...

I am so sorry! I was in a wreck in October, and my SUV was totaled. It was my first car, too. I'm just now to the point where the idea of driving doesn't terrify me (mostly because my grandma driving me- as she was when I was scared to- scared me more than the idea of myself driving).

Hope things get better.

Monica